Frugal Flop and Lessons Learned

|
Last week, I was able to take advantage of the K-Mart double coupon deal. Unfortunately, I made a couple mistakes that prevented this from being quite as good a shopping trip as I had been hoping.

First, for the Vaseline Men Lotion, this item was reported to be $2.99 online and the tag seemed to reflect that, but when it was rung up, it scanned as $5.49. I'm not sure if there was a smaller version that was the $2.99 price and it had just sold out or if it was mispriced. Either way, I probably should have just returned it when I realized the errror.

Second, I went on one of the last days of the sale. As a result, several of the items I was looking for had already been cleaned from the shelf. Never underestimate your fellow coupon shoppers!

Even with my mistakes, I still paid $15 for about $75 worth of merchandise. So, the third lesson is to be grateful for what I was able to accomplish! Sometimes, I get so caught up in getting the best deal and paying next to nothing particularly thanks to my CVS runs, I forget that paying more than a few dollars is okay. Really, it's okay. Alhamdulilah.

No comments: