Don't throw that old shirt away!

|
It's Don't Throw That Away Tuesday!

This tutorial provides a really cute way to reuse a mens' dress shirt by turning it into a toddler dress. Not exactly seasonal right now, but if you know that you might want to make some next spring/summer, you can hold on to any shirts that you might otherwise get rid of.

It's a really simple dress to make (as evidenced by the fact that I made one and my sewing skills are definitely subpar). Also, I think it was a good practice sewing project. Since I'm not very good at sewing, I'm hesitant to spend money on fabrics. My daughter really loves hers. I just spent about 10 minutes yesterday convincing her that she couldn't wear it because it's way too cold!

The shirt that I used to make the dress has already been used by three people... first, my dad, then me, and now my daughter!

No comments: